This reflects Hughes style and use of comedy in is narratives. When thinking of some of Hughes' films I think of films like Home Alone, The Breakfast club and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. All of these films have been known for being classics in their own right, but they each have their own unique different use of comedy. Home Alone is very 'slapstick-esc', Ferris Bueller's Day Off has a great use of facial expressions and the Breakfast club uses comedy through perfect storytelling.
In my own film opening I could use interesting uses of facial expressions to create a lighthearted feel for the rest of the film. Alternatively, a Home Alone style opening could be used to set an early plot and develop relationships for all characters early on.
From this I have learnt:
- The themes of a film should be established within the opening sequence, this can be done through narration or character's action.
- A large portion of Hughes work sets early scenes with portion of humour. This establishes the genre early and engages the target audience.
No comments:
Post a Comment