Monday, 21 September 2015

Conventions of an Opening Sequence



The target audience for Toy Story is 3-18 year olds. I know this because while the setting of many different toys coming alive may seem childish, because of how long this series has been going on, the older viewers are aimed at by the company by taking advantage of their nostalgia.



Video created by Alistair Grimsell
The target audience for Easy A is 15-18 year olds. This is because it centres around a teen high-school girl and the rumours about her. I know this because in the first two minutes of the film a large portion of the setting is established and the main character takes camera centre. From this we can identify the age of the main characters and therefore who the film is aimed at.

I have learnt that in my opening scenes I need to include:

  • The setting should be made clear to the audience
  • Main characters requires close ups to show their importance
  • Some of the themes for the film should be made obvious


No comments:

Post a Comment